Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Laugh and A Reflection

Carly jokingly states, "Ben, you should carry my superhero purse to class."
Ben: "Ok."







This made me laugh pretty hard. It would have been even more hilarious to see all of the people's faces when he walked into his class with it strapped over his shoulder.
On a more serious note, I went to Two Rivers this morning and was so blessed by the message. I love to think that my God does not sit on a throne with his arms crossed mentally tallying up all the ways I screw up, but he is a God who desperately leans over the clouds to watch me and pursue me. He is a God who laughs with me at silly jokes. He's the God who dances and rejoices when I glorify his name. He is the God who cannot help but sing over me. He is the God who was sick to his stomach with emotion when I was in the dark. He is the God who is sick to his stomach with emotion over those high school girls that are in the dark. Realizing these truths just makes me feel such and overwhelming, passionate urge to proclaim, "I love you, God! I love you so much."
-Carly Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment